I hope your enjoying the weekend. I love baking around the Holidays. Its fun to make festive treats that taste good. My clients are always asking for recipes.
Here is one to enjoy today.
Grain Free Cranberry Muffins
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsps coconut oil, melted
2 tsps raw honey
1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
Zest from 1-2 oranges
4 tbsps orange juice
‘If You Care’ unbleached baking cups
Muffin pans ( 12 muffin or 2- 6 muffin pans)
Optional: 1 cup pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs, honey, applesauce, orange juice, zest and coconut oil together in another bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry mixture slowly until combined together (except cranberries).
5. After the batter is mixed, gently fold in the cranberries (and pecans).
6. In a muffin pan line the pan with the baking cups.
7. Spoon the mixture evenly in each muffin cup using a medium size spoon. Fill to the rim for small muffins or overfill for large muffins. Bake for 20-35 minutes.
*Baking time will depend on the size of the muffin. Start at 20 minutes for a small muffin and 35 minutes for an overfilled one.
8. Check to make sure the muffins are baked completely. Check by putting a toothpick in and see if it comes out clean. If it does the muffins are done. Serve and enjoy.
Look for my new book coming out with delicious Gluten Free recipes.
Merry Christmas from my family to yours.
Thank you for being part of my tribe.